The Triing Lizard

Friday, March 24, 2006

Today was my first outdoor bike ride of the season! I've been waiting for my knee to heal and today was the first day that I dared to cycle. Hopefully it won't get swollen again. I think my right pedal is forcing my leg to track too much inward so I'm going to see if Jeff can help me adjust it out a bit. I'm hoping that will solve my knee problem. Funny how I can train and finish a marathon with no knee problems to speak of but the minute I start upping my cycling mileage my knee goes out!

So the course I chose today had a few gradual hills on it, I figured I would take it easy since it was my first ride since being injured and the first ride of the spring! I averaged 13.8 mph which I was pretty disappointed about. I was hoping to average 16-17 at Columbia.

Elevation Gain for Columbia bike course:




I think I have my work cut out for me!!!! Hopefully 8 weeks will be enough time to get back into the same cycling shape I was in at the end of triathlon season last summer, we'll see!

Jeff and I are headed to Cleveland this afternoon to visit my family and to attend my sister's Indonesian Coffee Tasting Workshop tomorrow morning. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm sure we'll be really wired by the end!! Can't wait!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home