The Triing Lizard

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

More streams of consciousness...

Yet another break up, this one tougher than the last. No info from his side whatsoever, I have absolutely no idea what I did or didn't do, he just seemed to lose interest. Boys are bad, cause me to expend way too much emotional energy, and I have had little success so far. The plan is to stay away from them for now, too much hassle.

Triathlon (or rather Duathlon) Racing news:
Race Report from the EXTERRA EX2 Off Road Duathlon from Sunday!! A ton of fun and now I'm ready to do another one.

Vball news:
Last night was vball, we kicked some serious butt, played the lowest ranked team and creamed them all three games. It kinda sucked b/c we berely rallied at all. I got in some super hard hits b/c Jenna and BA are awesome setters!! My power was ON!!! That's what a week and a half off can do! Kinda like volleyball tapering??

My Current State of Mind:
This song is going through my head, hmm, time to figure out why so it might go away.

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line, (man, I used to be nervous when I was in the blocks before one of my sprinting races in middle school track)
Engines pumping and thumping in time.
The green light flashes, the flags goes up,
Churning and burning, they yern for the cup.

They deftly manouver and muscle for rank,
Fuel burning fast on an empty tank,
Wreckless and wild they pour thru the turns,
Their prowless is podent and secretly stern.

As they speed thru the finish the flags go down.
The fans get up, and get out of town.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns,
And thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

He's going the distance (note: I always sing this as SHE)
He's going for speed. (note: I always sing this as SHE)
She's all alone, all alone in her time of need.

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse.
He's going the distance.

My analysis:
Definitely racing related, beginning of a competition, lots of energy, nervousness. Long distance racing. When's my next race? I seem to live for these races. Maybe I'll do one of these Cranky Monkeys, same goals, stay out of the way and try not to get injured!!! I can't sit in this chair at work anymore. I need to burn some energy!! I still have a small hamstring injury from the race so I shouldn't do anything tonight but I need to, need to burn some energy! Hmm, what can I do tonight? Something not hamstring intensive. Maybe some biking. Very light biking. How about some road biking?

This nervous energy definitely stems from the fact that I AM MOVING TO COLORADO. There. I said it. IN CAPS. I'm really doing this. I can't wait. I want to go now. Starting anew. New house, new people, new friends, new parks, mountains to explore!!! So much new to explore!

I might have had too much caffeine this morning. Or I've developed ADD. I'm all over the place. I'm also HUNGRY b/c I'm participating in this weight loss challenge (lost 1 already, 5 more to go before September 22nd). Despite this all over the place frame of mind, I really AM moving to Colorado. Same job, just a new location.

I'm glad I have this song in my head as opposed to the "I bought on Ebay song" set to the tune of "Ain't Nothing but a Mistake" song by the Backstreet Boys, damn, that song is addictive. Listen to it on youtube, you'll see what I mean.

1 Comments:

  • 1) boys are stupid, throw rocks at them! seriously, you'll be in Colorado soon, surrounded by fitness crazed man candy. You need to just rest now!
    2) I am excited that you are going to live in a new and health crazed kind of place! I think you'll like it- and I'll love visiting you and my other friends out there.
    3) give "the kids" hugs from auntie!

    By Blogger GALA, at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home