The Triing Lizard

Saturday, September 16, 2006

I think I just lived my ideal day!!! I took a quiz a while back that was supposed to help you to understand what type of career would best suit you. One of the quiz questions was "Write about your ideal day." I'm thinking back on my answer and I know it included: 1. coffee, 2. friends and family, 3. Saturday programming on NPR - Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, 4. good food, 5. sleep, and 6. being outside, preferably in the mountains

I think that pretty much sums up my day. First of all I slept in until 9:45!!!!! This is VERY VERY late for me. I didn't think I was capable of sleeping in that late anymore. But I managed it because I had the foresight to put the cats down in the basement the night before. Aaaahhh, that was so nice. And then Jeff and I read the paper, listened to NPR, drank coffee, and ate breakfast. Then Jeff went to work and I went mountain biking at Loch Raven. I'm driving over there and it starts raining and when I arrive there was only one other car - yay! I'll be the only one on the trails! This is excellent because that means I don't have to worry about being in people's way or pulling over to let people by. So I start off on the trail, conditions were wet, the trail was pretty technical (at least by my standards), lots of rocks, roots, stream crossings, mud, etc. But I didn't care! I just took my time, pushed myself when I felt like it, and got off and walked when I felt like it. I saw what looked to be a baby snake, beautiful black with yellow markings. I was so glad I hadn't run it over. And I saw lots of birds and a total of 9 deer, some of them were within 10 yards of where I was standing. Beautiful and graceful animals, I watched them as they bounded up steep cliffs effortlessly. And I listened to the birds singing and all the other woods sounds. After my ride, I drove home, washed off my bike, ate some lunch, lifted weights, and then promptly fell asleep on the floor!

Let the ideal day continue! A few friends are stopping by in a couple hours so I'm off to the liquor store to stock up on their favorite drinks!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home