The Triing Lizard

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A funny thing happened the other day. My manager who sits right next to me leans really close to me and whispers - "you're living with your boyfriend right?" And I was worried that she was going to launch into a speech about why I'm going to hell because I live with my boyfriend and am not married and blah blah blah, you know the standard religious no sex before marriage speech. I respond kind of defensively, yes he does live with me, bracing myself for what was about to come next. And she responds "because someone asked about you, you know, whether or not you were single." I was shocked. I don't think that's ever happened to me, usually whoever it is somehow lets me know in one way or another. And I got all embarassed. And then I started wondering WHO IT COULD BE, everyone I work with is pretty much married. So I ask her who it was if she could say at all. And she said it was a friend of someone in one of the meetings she was in, she wasn't sure who though. I didn't press further but now I'm walking around the office wondering who the heck it is!!!!

Meanwhile I just discovered that Odyssey is offering a trail half marathon on the same day as Jeff's half iron duathlon (Sept 9th). So I'm going to plan to do that as a training run and then volunteer for the rest of the day. I really want to do the half iron off road triathlon but I don't think I could handle 7300 feet of climbing in 56 miles, all off road. My training rides that consist of 3500 feet of climbing in 50 miles on road are tough enough! Maybe I'll be able to do it next year if I really can improve my climbing. It should be a fun weekend though, it's down in the mountains of Virginia at Douthat State Park, supposed to be beautiful!

2 Comments:

  • A secret admirer? At work? hmmm...if you ever find out who it is, you'll have to let me know! and the off road triathlon sounds fierce! Seems like a challenge, and I know you love those types of challenges!!

    By Blogger Claudia , at 6:26 PM  

  • I've said it before and I'll say it again... NOTHING makes a woman more attractive to the men around her than already having a man. It sounds like you're putting off some pretty non-threatening vibes to the opposite sex. Drive them crazy, they deserve it!

    By Blogger GALA, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home