The Triing Lizard

Thursday, September 21, 2006

My life is being invaded!!!!!!!! What the heck did I do to deserve all this stuff all at once? Ever since Jeff and I got back from our trip to the mountains in Virginia the house has been CRAWLING with ants. Ants like I have never seen before. Lines of ants marching around my kitchen like they owned the place. Ants swarming around my cats' food dishes. Ants in the cupboards all over my baking stuff. Ants on the coffee maker. Ants covering the white carpet making it look like a black flowing river. Jeff and I have launched an all out ant WAR. We've determined how the first set was getting and and sprayed profusely. We thought they might have been getting in near this old unused pipe going into the house so we removed the pipe and mortared over the hole. We sprayed in the kitchen, sprayed in the cabinets. Went through 2 bottles of spray in less than 2 weeks. So I called in the professionals, it's going to cost over $500 to get rid of them, they have to bait and then come back several times after that.

AND someone has hacked into my ebay account. I now get phone calls every couple of days where people start to ask me when I'm going to pay for some electronic device that I have supposedly purchased. Apparently I have purchased a camera, a laptop, and a cell phone in the last three days and I am requesting that the selling member send them via Global Express to Singapore!!! The best part is that I received positive feedback on my camera purchase!!! Isn't that lovely? And all the members who call me have all of my personal information. So not only do the hackers have all my info but the more they bid the more people get to see all of my personal information. So I go to the ebay site thinking I'm pretty computer savvy and I go to try to find their phone number. Nope, no phone number, only an online form to fill out where they may respond in 24-48 hours (note the hedge of "MAY" - should read "WILL PROBABLY NOT"). So I submitted the form two days ago and no response. So tonight I go back to the site determined to find the phone number. No phone number. I was just about ready to start composing letters to the BBB and their CEO when I decide to google for their phone number. I find numerous articles and blogs talking about how ebay has no phone number posted on their site but here is the secret phone number. So I think - ooh, I'm good, I've got their secret phone number! So I call the number and it says press 2 for customer service and I think, oh good, I'm almost to a live person who can help me, when I get a message that says, please go to ebay.com and click live help and the system has the nerve to HANG UP ON ME!!!!! So chat is the only option that they have to contact them. This is not my preferred method of communication. So I wait my turn in a queue of 45 people, about an 8 minute wait, and "chat" with a rep who then says I have to link to another chat. I ask her what the heck that means and she explains that I have to "chat" with another representative. I was being chat transferred!!!!!!!!! I click on the new chat link and it says average wait 15 minutes!!!!! I have to wait again and I still can't even speak to a live human. I am still writing their CEO. This sucks. You don't even get to hear that hold music when you're phone transferred. I guess I'm just old fashioned. Anyway, now that I've gotten the exterminator to get rid of the ants I'm now determined to offload this Singaporian hacker who is posing as me.

So I chat with the new chat rep and he says he's going to email me with instructions on how to change my password and all that good stuff. I wait for 20 minutes and NOTHING. But now the chat is disconnected and I closed the other chat so I no longer have the link to the chat that I really need. Oh my goodness is this frustrating. Back at square 1. I'm going to go through the whole process again. 39 minutes to wait for the next chat rep. I'm writing to the CEO. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

  • But you waited that long so someone could teach you to change your password. Like you frakkin don't know how to do that!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:13 AM  

  • don't forget...Singapore changed her password somehow!

    By Blogger Claudia , at 3:43 PM  

  • And they had hacked into my gmail and filtered all the temp passwords that the chat reps were sending so they went to my trash. Took 4 chats and 4 hours of frustration to figure that out. ARGH!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Liz, at 12:58 PM  

  • couldn't you just close the account?

    By Blogger Claudia , at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home